Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Some Troubles


Well, we've been VERY blessed with Olivia, and she is just perfect. She is such a good baby and I was wondering why everything seemed too perfect.. My whole pregnancy was really good, I could work the whole time up until I had her. The delivery went great, and healing wasn't too bad. Sure I've had my times when I thought it was just awful, but overall it's been great. Finally, I think we have a struggle. Yesterday I started to have REALLY bad cramps on my riht side. It was almost as painful as labor, except it didn't come and go, it was constant. I could barely move and couldn't stop crying, so I took some pain medicine and thought it would go away. 2 hours later it was worse. I took my temp. and it was 102, so I thought I should call the doctor. He said he would get me on antibiotics right away and that if it didn't get better by Wednesday moring I would go in for an ultra sound. Finally, the pain is much better after more IBprofin... but I can't breastfeed anymore because of the antibiotics. That made me quite upset, I really enjoyed the closeness of it and I don't know... I just didn't not want to. So, now I am pumping my milk every time she eats.. so she has a bottle while I pump and then I just throw out my milk. I have to do this, so that in 2 weeks I will still have my milk and we can go back to breast-feeding. Hopefully she will go back. Bottles are much easier for her, but my milk is so much better for her.. and so much cheaper! So, hopefully the antibiotics fix whatever it is, and hopefull it is not a more serious problem than an infection.

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Sarah, how are you feeling now? That really is such a bummer...especially the breastfeeding part. I hope she'll go right back to it after the round of antibiotics.