Monday, August 16, 2010

Turning 4

Olivia turned 4 on Aug.15 this year! She had quite the birthday. On Saturday we had a butterfly party for her. Sadly only 4 of the 14 girls came. ;( And it just so happens 2 were twins, and the other 2 sisters. Good thing Livie could care less ;) All she cared is that she had some friends come! We made a butterfly cake- learned how HERE. We had a pinata, played in bubbles, and opened gifts. It was a fun little party. Livie got a bike for her birthday! It is her first bike and she is so excited to ride!


On Olivia's actual birthday we headed up to the canyon and invited family to have a BBQ with us. We had a good time making hamburgers and tinfoil dinners and enjoying eachothers company. We had Brett's parents, his brother Scott and his family, and my sister Emma and her family.

Here are some 4 year old questions I asked Olivia:
What are you most excited about?
"My 4 year old party!"

Tell me about Daddy.
"I like to play with him. He goes at work and basketball a lot."

Tell me about mommy.
"I like to play with her. I like to go to the museum with her."
(who knows where she came up with that answer!)

Tell me about Claire.
I like to play with Claire in the water and splash!"

Who are your friends?
McKenna, Anna, Neleah, Morgan, Jillian, don't I have a lot of friends?! Oh, and Gramma K is my BEST friend, right?"
(seriously Gramma- she really said that!)

What is your favorite food?
"Hot dogs."

Favorite treat?
"tootsie rolls"

What is your favorite thing to do?
"pick flowers and jump rope!"

What is your favorite thing to wear?
"my yellow shirt with the strawberry on it"
(this is now Claire's shirt, but oh-well!)

What is your favorite season?
"I like the snow to make balls!"

Do you want more brother and sisters?
"yeah"

What do you think we should name them?
"maybe Connor? But I don't know... or maybe Stawberry Shortcake!"

Favorite game?
"Sorry"
(the board game)

Do you like boys?
"A couple"

Who are you going to marry?
"not a girl, a BOY! ... maybe Ryan?"
(Ryan is in her primary class)


10 comments:

Lora said...

=) so cute! The cake turned out darling! I loved hearing all her answers just perfect!

hey-what color did you use on your walls it's awesome!?

Dawn said...

Ha Ha! Her answers crack me up. Oh and I have to say you are so glad only 4 out of the 14 showed up, trust me! :-)

Sarah Peterson said...

the color is from KWAL and it is named "Time Capsule". The paint at KWAL totally sucks though (I got a little sample can) So- I went to Home Depot and had them copy the color on their little machine and I used BEHR paint instead (much better quality and cheaper too!)
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Too bad that more didn't show up. That is sad but it looks like Olivia had a great time. Good luck learning to ride the bike.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

first you look gorgeous in that pic with livie. the cake is so cute! the party looked so cute and fun! I'm glad she had such a fun day. Loved the questions and answers from livie. so funny.

Jill said...

I just love the picture of Livvie on the bike--big girl! And the picture of the two of you is adorable! Happy birthday to Olivia!!!

Alisha said...

your hair looks great sarah!

happy birthday olivia! we wish we could have been there. then it would have made six with three siblings. we love you!

Karen K. said...

I love these pics. I can't get over how old Olivia is and how quickly time passes. Scary! I am honored to be her best friend for the brief time it will probably last. As you know, the little bugger has won my heart and is wrapped tightly around my little finger! I can't wait to see your new blue paint and white hutch. It looks so pretty.

lindsaymarchant said...

Connor is going to be so disappointed. When I ask him who he is going to marry he tells me, "WhenI grow up, after my mission, I want to marry Olivia in the temple."

Karen K. said...

Olivia told me the other day that Connor is CUTE and that she might marry him someday.