Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things



Claires' 'Nettie Quilt'

This is a "Nettie Quilt". At least that's what we call them in our house. Nettie is my sister in-law. She is AMAZING with quilt making. I LOVE her style and I LOVE that she makes quilts for my babies ;) Olivia has a quilt and now Claire does too. They are so beautiful and I love to stare at them looking at the different fabrics and stitches. They are great inspiration when I am making quilts!

Claires' pink knit blanket- made by Grandma

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blankets we get when we have babies... My Grandma has knit beautiful blankets for both the girls, and we love them! The stitching is perfect- it makes me want to knit too. My stuff looks nothing like hers though. She has also knit us our Christmas stockings and I have blankets she knit for me when I was a baby. I think they are really special and I think of her every time I see them ;)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! Tell Nettie I want her to teach me! Those are BEAUTIFUL!

Sblogger said...

Those quilts are beautiful! Hey thanks for inviting me Sarah. I think we invited each other at the exact same time to each others' blogs. Funny. It's fun to see what you're up to.

nettie said...

I am glad you like it. I soooo wish I could knit, or crochet. The blanket from your grandma is beautiful, i love the color.

Karen K. said...

Beautiful! Can I be YOUR daughter? I want a Nettie quilt too!

Mmmm, do you realize that you haven't posted a picture of Claire since she was "Dave" and that wasn't the most attractive picture I've seen? Will you please post a new one... even if she has baby acne? I really want to see her as she changes. They change so quickly in the first 6 months!!! Thank you in advance! Love, Ma

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I LOVE both of the quilts

Dave & Melissa said...

How beautiful!!! What a talented lady! I use parents choice formula from walmart-it's soooooo much cheaper.

Cecilia said...

Wow...those are beautiful!!! I love baby blankets!