Saturday, February 06, 2010

ZUMBA!

Ever heard of the new work-out craze Zumba!? Well- I had heard of it since one of my friends, Cecelia, became an instructor. I was skeptical that I would like it. I had tried other dance work-outs and I could never keep up as they would always move to fast. They usually frustrated me.
Well- when Alisha (my sister-in-law) came to visit a few months ago she wanted us to all go to a Zumba class together. So we did, and it was fun. I couldn't quite keep up and was a little lost, but it was an awesome work-out! So I thought to myself "that was so nice to have ME time!" So, I decided that I would go once a week just to get out and be alone. (without the girls!)
Let me tell you- the more you do it, the easier it is, and the more addicting it becomes. I crave it now and can't wait to go! I would love to go more, but I don't think it will fit in our budget or time schedule. Zumba is fun because you get to dance and lose control, you can yell out "OW!" and no one looks at you funny. You can let loose and get a very sweaty fun work-out. Plus, I learn some new moves for our home dance parties! haha! If you like to dance, then try it. It is $4 a class around here. So- not too bad really.

9 comments:

Karen K. said...

I think you should find a way to incorporate it into your budget at least two times a week! Being home ALL DAY with two little ones can drive a mother batty (sometimes). I'm glad you find something you liked. I'll have to check it out (maybe a DVD)--I'd be too embarrassed to try a class!

Britta said...

Oh Sarah! I want to go with you when we get out there! I want to dance and go crazy and yell out "OW!"

Sarah Peterson said...

sounds good Britta! It will be a PARTY!

Amy Kay Peterson said...

My Zumba class in salt lake is the bomb too!!! A little more on the advanced side though, so when you go to a few more classes and want a bit more of a challenge, you should make it up to a class up here!

Dawn said...

"Me time" is a must for a happy mom, wife and you :-) Have fun Zumbaing!!

Alisha said...

i've looked into becoming a zumba instructor. if i do it, you can come to my class for FREE!!

i'm so happy your addicted.

karen, you can do it! my mom came with us when we went over christmas break. it's so fun!

Karen K. said...

Thanks, Alisha. I appreciate your confidence in me! I'm not so sure after watching those people I saw online!

Sar-Bear, will you please send me that pic of the girls holding my birthday card??? I LOVE it!

Kristen P. said...

We might be coming the end of next week. Will you be around? I want to try it.

Sarah Peterson said...

as far as I know we will be here. I would love to have any one that wants to come and try to come. There is a lot of hip shaking and booty shaking, so be prepared ;)