Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Diaper Dilema


Which diaper will she choose?

VS

Now, if you have ever talked diapers with me, you already know the answer. We are 100% Pampers. Olivia's body does NOT work with other diaper brands. I know it sounds pathetic, like I am a "name brand" Mama, but I really don't care about being name brand. At Costco they unfortunately only sell Costco brand or Huggies. So, we've given Huggies a try and 90% of the time that she pooped, it did not stay in the diaper. It was a sad day since they are so much cheaper buying bulk from Costco. Luckily at the time we still had a membership to Sam's Club, who sold Pampers in bulk. Our membership was expiring very soon though (and we've decided to go with Costco instead of Sam's...) SO, I bought like $200 worth of diapers while we still could. It's a sad sad day because our diapers have run out... So, when I was at Costco I thought I'd give the Costco brand a try thinking Olivia was done with the poop-out stage. She has pooped out 0 times in Pampers and has been just in them for over 4 months now. So, I thougt I'd give these new ones a chance. So, it's been 1 week in the Costco brand diapers. She has had 3 blow-outs now. In ONE week people! Last night it was so bad she had to go in the bath because it All up her back and when we pulled her shirt off, all over her neck and head too. SICK!!! So, it appears she will NEVER be over the blow-out stage, it's just the diapers that keep it in or out. BTW- Natalie, you don't have to buy the reat of our Costco diapers from us, we'll just use them for night-time (she doesn't poop in the night) Thanks for offering though!!

On a good note- in the parenting magazine they have a GREAT advertisement for Diapers.com. You can get $10 off your first order! Enter code:PTG3 Expires 3/31/08 (my Birthday!)

14 comments:

Karen K. said...

That is so FUNNY! I was making a phone call when I opened the blog and the woman answered JUST as Olivia's naked bummy popped up. I had a hard time speaking cuz I was laughing...

Do you know anyone who has a Sam's Club membership? Perhaps you can make a trip with them every once in awhile or trade a haircut or something for them to pick up some diapers for you!

Do you have to pay shipping on diapers.com?

Thanks for the pic...so CUTE!

Valerie said...

Sarah! I can't believe it, but over the years we have made that same exact determination. Pampers are the ONLY diapers Caroline will ever wear. Does this mean our babies have similar bums? ;)

Besides leaking a ton, Huggies also make my hands dry out. I think I'm allergic to something in them.

nettie said...

don't feel bad about being a diaper snob, we are huggies people (sometimes costco brand). You have to use what works for you, and paying a little extra to avoid messy blow-outs is TOTALLY worth it!

If you use coupons, and buy diapers when they are on sale you can usually get them @ target or walmart for less than costco/sams. I get coupons from both huggies and pampers ALL the TiME (more than I can use) in the mail.

my friend uses diaper.com and swears it's the best deal. I haven't ever looked into it, but i probably should.

cute bum olivia!

Alisha said...

that bum looks really familiar.

Chad and Jessica said...

Okay, I loved that you blogged about this...it was so funny....and at the same time I feel really bad for you. I thought Connor's poopy diapers were bad when all the "doody" had stayed in the diaper. OH my, so much to learn. Well, great job for being a great mom, and good luck finding cheap pampers. Love jess

Lanette said...

One of my advertising professors was the chair Huggies advertiser for 13 years. He claims there is absolutely no difference between Pampers and Huggies. I'll have to tell him about this, because it sounds like he's wrong! If you ever want to, Shaun and I would totally be willing to pick up Pampers for you guys at Sam's and send them to Spanish Fork with Emily. You should totally stick with Pampers--the others don't sound worth it.

Mom and Dad Pete said...

o-the joys of motherhood! can't beat it!!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I was laughing the whole time through out your blog! First, because of the opening picture! Love it! Then because I was thinking of all of Hannah's poop up her back. Then because of how Hannah pooped on YOU! And THEN because I was thinking I was going to comment on how I'd buy the diapers from you! Well, sorry the Costco ones didn't work for you.

Hannah's been having lots of leaks lately! Boy is it fun. I've been buying cheap diapers though... so I guess it's back to the expensive kind. I'm definitely a coupon shopper... Heard Albertsons has a box of Pampers Big Pack diapers (104 count) for 17.99 plus a coupon prints out for $5 off your next shopping trip. Not a stock up price but hey, at least they are close by.

Jill said...

Nakey baby buns! I love'em!!!

Alisha said...

i'll have to seriously consider pampers. i have, up to this point been a huggies snob with the understanding that jill has blow-outs.
i'll let you know what i find out...
actually, it'll be a while. i just bought 237 dipar box of huggies at costco.

Kristen P. said...

Have you tried LUVs??? They are very similar to Pampers even made by the same company and a lot less expensive. I personally use Pampers but mostly because they seem less bulky. I just got done with a big batch of LUVs and I think they were the same as Pampers.

Anonymous said...

Kristen-I'm not against Luv's. They are pretty good... It was just the same price to buy Pampers in bulk, so I figure why not get the better of the two. Also, I don't like how Luvs has the sticky tabs instead of the velcro. (not a big deal) Alisha- I can't believe you never tried OTHER diaper brands!! That's crazy- I hope Pampers works out for you.

Kristen P. said...

Are diapers less $$$ in UT than here at Sam's??? I have never bought diapers there because there has never been any savings for me as long as I used a coupon. And I only like the Pampers Baby Dry. I detest the other kind they make, which are at Sam's Club. At Walmart Pampers are 92ct for ~$20 and Luvs are 108ct for ~$18. And I've never used a Luvs coupon for less than $3 off. I've been buying Pampers at Babies R Us. You can use their store coupons plus the manufacturers coupon at the same time! And their boxes are big enough that I only have to buy them once a month or so. Sometimes you even get free wipes with purchase.

Anonymous said...

Hi there--
I'm a nurse with Dawn & she was showing me pictures of your very cute daughter! She is 3 months older than my daughter. As Dawn scrolled down thru the pics I saw the picture of the pampers box and caught a glimpse of the 100% PAMPERS comment you wrote and all I have to say is a big AMEN! I am all about pampers as well. Once in awhile I get something else (b/c they're cheaper or whatever) & I regret it. This is silly but I even like the smell (pre-use, of course) of Pampers. Dawn agrees about the smell. Anyway, just had to comment. Your daughter is so cute & I'm so glad to see her lack of hair b/c my daughter is the same way! Have a great day!