Monday, November 05, 2007

A bug from Texas

I quote Nettie saying "I've been bitten by the quilting bug"... When I saw her post, the bug came to Utah and bit me!
This is the quilt I made for my co-worker April who is having a baby boy in December. She just had her shower so I only had a few days to put it together. It was such cute fabric... It turned out a bit too "busy" but still cute!


This is the quilt I am making for our living room. I wanted to put it on the couch like a throw or something.. It's still not done. I have to put the backing on, do the quilting, and bind it. (my least favorite part of the process)
And yes, all my quilts are the same pattern. It's the only one I have. It's easy and I like it! The NEXT quilt will be different though!

8 comments:

Chad and Jessica said...

Wow! Sarah, I had no idea that you could quilt....they both look SOOOO great! I don't even know how to quilt or bind. Holy moses, I feel behind the times. The top quilt, is not too busy, it's adorable! You're a total stud!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are so talented. Sometimes I get a little jealous and wish I was domestic. Both quilts look great. I have one that I started when Nojah was 6 months old. I have the squares cut out, that's it. He's 7!

Karen K. said...

Lookin' hoof...oops. Lookin' good! (I had to leave that in...it's a good idea to put your fingers on the right keys when typing or you end up with 'hoof' instead of 'good'! Maybe I can start a new trend. Then again maybe not.)Anyway, they look great! Would you like to come and finish my cat quilt? Nowhere near done and not looking hopeful right now. I put some 'Olivia' fabric in my shopping cart on FabricDepot.com . I really need to choose a quilt to make out of it though instead of choosing the fabric first!

nettie said...

Sarah, your quilts look awesome! The colors are great, and I don't think the first one is too busy, it looks great.

Valerie said...

Sarah, I think your quilts look GREAT!!! I love the fabric in that first one and I wish I had the time to make a quilt for our living room!

Don't worry about not liking to do the quilting or the binding. Finally, now I enjoy that part the most, and the bindings don't stress me out. I'm glad you've caught the quilting bug!

Unknown said...

Ok, Is that the yellow brick road pattern??? It totally looks like the pattern I have and LOVE! Isn't it the best, also the easiest! I love it! I've made like four quilts from that pattern. Isn't quilting so MUCH fun! I just wish I had more time for it!

Sarah Peterson said...

yes Emily- it's the yellow brick road. I love it too! It's so easy but looks complicated!

Vonda said...

Sarah,

That is really cute! You are doing great....I love to sew. Just wish I had more time.