Thursday, April 01, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

I


We went to Cheese Cake Factory for my Birthday lunch/dinner. It was very good! We LOVE it there!I almost forgot- I made a cake too. I used fondant for the first time. (the pink and white are fondant) It was interesting.... It tasted really good, but looked okay. My cakes sunk in the middle a lot. Anyone know why? I was sure I didn't over mix... nut I guess you never know!

So- for my Birthday I got a new video camcorder. I LOVE it! The only problem is that I now have to learn a LOT to get my videos edited and on my blog. It is a pain to have to learn all new stuff. Soon I will have a video up though.
I almost forgot- I made a cake too. I used fondant on the top layer for the first time. It was interesting.... It tasted really good, but looked okay. My cakes sunk in the middle a lot. Anyone know why? I was sure I didn't over mix... nut I guess you never know!

7 comments:

Karen K. said...

Did you get the orange chicken? Whatever you guys had it all looks wonderful! (I was going to order the orange chicken and then opted out for the salad--wrong choice!!!)

Karen K. said...

By the way, although these pictures of you and Brett are marvelous, this does not count as your (at least) weekly post about the girls! Just so you know, I'm waiting. :)

Egghead said...

Happy birthday Sarah! Looks like you had a wonderful time. and I think your cake looks great.

Alisha said...

yay sarah!! happy birthday.
i love you!

Amy Kay Peterson said...

I sent you a text saying happy birthday and I love you!!! Did you get it?

Dawn said...

I missed this post and your birthday! Oops! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Cake looks WONDERFUL!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I hate that your blog is private, because then it's at the bottom of the list and I forget to check the "private" blogs- happy birthday! your cake is beautiful! And you look really beautiful in the pic too. your cake- ok I know this is a dumb question- but do you poke it in the middle and make sure it's cooked all the way? I know that makes me sound like I think you're an idiot! and I don't think that! second- do you let it cool off all the way before you put all the frostings on? I'm sure you do all the above- interesting, I wonder why it's doing that. Well it sure is beautiful. and the pics from the other blog are really cute! love thrift stores. love you!