Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Pedicures

Before... (above)

After... (below)

Olivia gets a monthly pedicure. "Lucky Girl" (that is how Olivia refers to herself when she gets her way) She has been getting her pedicures since she was about 1 years old. She LOVES to get her toes painted- although she really dislikes getting her nails clipped. So- in order to get those nasty little toes and fingers clipped (they get so sharp, long and dirty...) I bribe her with some polish when we are done clipping! When we were done today she said "SOO Pretty!" We only do toes, since finger nails are sure to not dry fast enough (we would definitely have polish every where!) Anyway... just for the records- here are some fun things about Liv:

-The other day I had gotten up from the couch and was wobbling to the kitchen to make lunch. After sitting I often grunt and wobble from the pains of a big belly and sore back. I look behind me and Olivia is holding her tummy and wobbling along behind me! She and I laughed about it for awhile. She is so funny- and she knows it!

-While eating our pizza at lunch the other day Olivia started to pull off the little pieces of sausages and putting them on my plate. I said "you don't like them?" She pointed to the sausages and said "turtle poop!" I laughed and laughed, so of course Livs had to add to it and she called her cheese "turtle peeps" She just thought she was hilarious. The odd thing is that she has never scene a real turtle and I'm sure never turtle poop!

-A few months ago Livie picked up her scriptures and starting 'reading'. She proceeded to say "God said...hdjsahfkjash" then she would flip the page and say it again "God said... blah blah" The rest after "God said" was just mumble jumble made up words. Ever since that has been her way of scripture reading.

-We were looking at pictures in the Book of Mormon- you know how they have just a few in the front... anyway- she sees the picture of Jesus and I ask "Who's that?" She says "Jesus" and then a minute later says "Love him!" What a sweet pea! Some how she can always recognize Jesus in any picture and always talks about how either she loves him, or how he loves her. Some times it honeslty makes me wonder if she really does remember Jesus a tiny bit from Heaven.. just maybe!

-Today I was vaccuming all the rooms in the house and Livie was following me around as I went. After I vaccumed her room she says "Thanks Mom!" How sweet it that!? I am getting thanks from a 2 year old. It's always nice to be appreciated! She proceeded to tell me after vaccumig my room "Doin good!" She got lots of hugs for being so sweet!

-Olivia got to see her cousins Sam and Benjamin for Thanksgiving this year. I was really surprised to see how much she LOVED her cousins. Sam and her played together really well.While in the car together Sam and Olivia laughed for about 40 mintues over nothing. They would look at each other and laugh and laugh and laugh. Olivia was so good with baby Benjamin too. She wanted to hold him lots and give him lots of love. She loved every minute she spent with him. It made me happy to know she is no longer jealous of babies and no longer tries to hit them when I hold them. She was nothing but sweet to little Ben. She talks about holding and seeing Ben again constantly. We tell her she will get to see and hold baby Claire really soon and she seems pretty excited about it!

I stole this picture from Kristen's blog! You can just see how happy little Ben makes Olivia!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that girl! (s)

Karen K. said...

Thanks for sharing all those things. She has such a special little spirit about her. She is always grinning and it's infectious! How sweet though, to tell you thank you. And 'turtle poop' and 'turtle peeps' -- imaginative. :) I love that girl(s) too! Oh, does she ALWAYS have a baby with her???

Lanette said...

Turtle poop! Ha ha :) What a cutie!

Britta said...

I LOVE this post! Thanks for the update and little stories about Olivia. We miss you guys.

Kelli said...

She really is such a sweet little girl! She's so thoughtful, while only being 2 years old! And I love that she has a sense of humor too! :)

Kristen P. said...

Turlte poop! This reminds me: One time jon and I were eating chocolate doughnut holes and I asked Sam if he wanted any. With a look of disgust and unbelief he said, "no, is that poop?" Livie is too cute and we were so glad we got to see you. Too bad we have bad timing and always come to visit when you are a few weeks before birth!

Emily D said...

I love you guys! Livie is my favorite!!! What a sweet/ cute/silly/funny/thoughtful little girl! I can't to have 2 neices! Double the fun! :) We need to play again soon mm'k?
Love you and miss you!

Cecilia said...

Thanks for the belly laughs! Olivia is so funny and cute and she knows it!

Vonda said...

That is hilarious. Turtle poop. Funny little ham. She is adorable and I can't wait to see pictures of little Claire when she is born. Hope all goes well for you.

Alisha said...

i LOVE this post. polish is the only way i can clip jills nails too.
that stories are so sweet. i love that you shared them.