Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Doughnut making




So- this last Sunday we decided to make doughnuts! Yumm! Olivia had fun making and playing in the dough. It is fun that she is old enough to 'help' now. She pours in the ingredients, helps stir (with the helping hand of mommy) and taste tests- even the flour. Turns out flour doesn't taste that great ;) We watched the Christmas devotional and had fun eating our doughnuts and listening to our prophet. Olivia made sure to point out Monson every time he was on the screen and say "LOVE HIM!"
Since Sunday- Livie makes doughnuts in the bath with Barbie. She's quite the cook in the bath these days!

10 comments:

THE SHAWS said...

Oh gee I just love her big toothy grin! It's so cute! How fun that you bake together!

Karen K. said...

She is soooooooooooo cute. I can't wait to bake and create with her later this month.

Ok, now you know what my next comment is going to be...don't you? Aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhh.

To be continued.

Cecilia said...

How fun! I love her cute smile!

Karen K. said...

I can't hold off any longer. What is that sweet child doing, sitting on the STOVE???

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That's so cute! And we got your christmas card, thankyou so much for thinking of us! it's on our fridge, and I never put anything on oru fridge because I think it's tacky- it's so cute! I love you! And homemade donuts sound so yummy!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

will you please tell Lindsey shaw that I'm not invited to her blog- I don't know hwo to be invited so will you tell her for me? thanks

Karen K. said...

Oh, the other thing I noticed: Livie's doll is in the background. Just about every pic I see has a baby in it. I love that!

Sarah Peterson said...

we weren't COOKING anything at that point yet Ma... don't worry. The oven and stove were both cold. We have hardly any counter space... what can I say!?

Karen K. said...

My concern is that Olivia is not going to understand that the stove can seriously burn her. If she's allowed to sit on it she really isn't going to understand that concept. Even if you don't have much counter space I think it's an accident waiting to happen. What if someday she decides to climb on the "counter" (stove) when you're in the other room and it's recently been on (and is still hot) or if she climbs up and then plays with the dials and it turns on? I know I worry a lot, but I think this one is valid. Please consider it! Love you!!!

Kelli said...

She is sooo funny! I love that big grin, and how fun making doughnuts!