Thursday, May 20, 2010

Out in the Yard

We have been busy busy planing and gardening around this house! We have 4 new trees. 2 shade trees by the house, and 2 ever green that will hopefully block our view of the road behind us.
I just put the garden in. I don't mind gardening, but I hate tilling the dirt every year. It is so much work. I have to do it with a shovel. I ran into a LOT of worms, potatoe bugs, and spiders.
Amy P- that is your tomatoe bush! Still tiny ;) Can you believe that the zucchini bush starts out so tiny? They grow like a weed- and they grow to be huge!

I have planted a few flowers. Not too many. I have decided I will have to get used to both Claire and Livie helping EVERY time we go out to water. They get all wet, dirty, and sandy from that darned sand box! I have to strip them down outside because their clothes get so wet and dirty.

5 comments:

Karen K. said...

Will you please send me those pics of Olivia separately? I want them!!! Your yard looks great. I'm anxious to see the trees. I wish you had a way to til the garden without a shovel. Ugh. Claire looks like a biker baby (tough girl) with attitude or something. ;) HEY, You!

Amy Kay Peterson said...

YAY! Can't wait for my cherry tomatoes!

Dawn said...

Yard looks great! Love the little helpers. Good luck with that laundry :0)

Karen K. said...

I remember standing in your garden and I gave Liv a cherry tomato to try. She wanted to try it. Even looked eager. She put it in her mouth, bit down, and then the fastest cherry tomato missile you've ever seen shot back out and onto the ground. I asked "You didn't like it?" She just shook her head no and that was that. :)

Natalie said...

Hey for planting! Now hopefully it will be nice outside so you can enjoy it!