Tuesday, January 26, 2010

YEA for me!

Today I decided it was time to put together our 72 hour kits. You may wonder why after 4 years this has not been done. Well- I thought it would cost tons of money and I was intimidated! I receieved $100 total in Christmas money and I thought a lot about the many cool things I could buy with it....

In the end I decided I NEEDED to buy stuff for our 72 hour kits, so that is what the money was spent on! Some day I will buy new clothes or a nice video camera, or.... ;)
It was pretty fun really. I got together a list of stuff I needed to purchase and went to Wal-Mart. We already had back-packs I got from D.I. to put everything in, and I had also already purchased random stuff here and there to put in our 72 kits, so after all the previous investments I spent a total of $115. I pretty much bought EVERY thing for 4 people. So, really it was not near as bad as I thought it would be! It does help that I got some great deals on a few of the pricey items!

I have not done food yet. I have done 72 hour kit foods in the past, but now they are all pretty much expired so I need to do it again. That will probably be another $50 or more to do all the food. I don't really know since I've never done it on my own. I will tackle food later. Hopefully not too much later.
All in all I feel so much better about having our backpacks almost all ready to go. It will sure be nice if anything does happen!

4 comments:

Karen K. said...

You are such a Mormon girl. ("Yea" at least I know you read your scriptures!) Anyway, Hurray and Yay for you! It does feel good to be able to grab and run should an emergency arise. Love ya...

Karen K. said...

And you can't change your heading cuz then no one will understand my comment! ;)

Sarah Peterson said...

ha- I was contemplating how to spell yea/yay. I thought "it is not yeah, so it must be yea" I never even thought of yay!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Good job! You need to post what you have and what they look like.