Monday, January 21, 2008

3 AM

SOOOOO, today was "pretty much the worst day of my life" as Nopoleon Dynamite would say.. It all started at 3 am when we got up to drive to the airport. The weather is BAAAAD. It was a snow storm this morning and predicted to get 6-10'' of snow. Which, I think we did. So, the drive to the airport was about 2 hours instead of 1. Not TOO bad all things considered. Now, Brett had a business trip to San Diego at 6 am, and Liv and I were going to Oregon at 9 am. I was NOT excited about waiting in the airport for 3 hours, but that's just how it worked out. So, Brett got on a plane as soon as we arrived and Liv and I sat around playing, eating, watching people catch planes, playing chase, saying "hi hi hi hi" to just about everyone and entertaining all in the airport for 3 hours. FINALLY it was 9:00. Our flight was delayed... That wasn't TOO bad right, I mean we had been there for 3 hours anyways, we could handle another half hour. Well, about an hour and a half later (or so) they announced our flight was cancelled due to bad waether. So, after being told that the only other flights going to Portland I would have to fly "standby" OR not getting in until 9:30 pm, we decided to book a flight for tomorrow and go home. Also, there were NO garauntees the other flights wouldn't be cancelled either. I couldn't beleive it! After 8 hours of traveling we are NO where but where we started! AARRRRRRRRR! I am SOOO frustrated about it. I HATE traveling to begin with and no we have to do it AGAIN tomorrow. On top of it all, I was not wearing snow shoes so my feet were soaking wet and FREEEZING. I really thought my feet might fall off. Oh brother, it was NOT a fun day. BUT on the bright side, Olivia was SOO good most of the time. She did fall and scream for awhile and she did reach her hand into her poop while I was changing her diaper (aaah, so sick), but all in all considering she was up since 3, she did AMAZING! I was lucky to have her to keep me company. Well, wish me luck tomorrow. I will die if we don't get to Oregon tomorrow!
Also, since I AM complaining... I am REALLY sad that we didn't get to go today because my parents had booked a beach house for tonight and now we won't get to stay in it. We might not go to the beach at all since it's 2 and a half hours there and then 2 hours back to Eugene. I just don't know. South West RUINED our plans!

8 comments:

THE SHAWS said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry you had to spend the whole day in the yucky airport! I can't believe how frustrating that might be. I REALLY hope you get there!

Natalie said...

Oh sad! I was just coming on here to tell you that I hope you got there safely... Well, I'm glad you are safe! But I'm really sorry you didn't get to go to Oregon today! Hope it all works out tomorrow!

Alisha said...

awww man!!! what a bummer. i hope you get there tomorrow!! don't blame southwest, blame the weather.

Valerie said...

I thought the same thing, Alisha! Snow and travel STINK. They are a wicked, wicked combination. I'm sorry you were caught in the middle of it Sarah! It's even worse to think of stomaching the airport again tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you!

I'm surprised that Brett made it to CA.

Sarah Peterson said...

well, I only blame South West because I have a sick feeling that they WOUlD have let us go, but there were only 30 people on our flight so they figured it was better to just cancel then deal with the weather. I feel like if it was a full flight they would have done it. The other flights were cancelled because the planes couldn't land, but our plane DID land. So, that's why I am mad at the airlines. BUT I am probably more mad at the snow.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! When we came back from Thailand we had a layover in Seattle's airport for 12 hours after our 20+ hours of flights so I know how you feel. I too dislike airports. I hope you get there safely and have a good time when you do arrive. Good luck and hang in there.

nettie said...

total bummer...at least you are still going, i probably would've talked myself out of the trip altogether. traveling stinks period.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH MY GOSH- I just read your blog. That is awful! I could not imagine the anger you were feeling that day and probably the day after. I just could not imagine. That is so awful, I am so sorry you had to go through that. That's funny about Olivia putting her hand in her poop. It was wonderful seeing you today. You are so so so beautiful my goodness! I love your hair. Olivia is a doll, and so sweet. I hope your trip home is much better.