Monday, June 25, 2007

My Favorite Things

Okay- so due to the popularity of listing your favorite things on blogs, I suppose I will do it too! Here they are in no real order:

1. Sweet Treats
If anyone knows me... they know I LOOOOVE sweets. I don't think I can go a day without having something yummy to eat. It's just who I am I guess.

2. Babies
I just love little ones. I love it when they laugh and smile, and I love it when they are newborns and just sleep in your arms. They are soo snuggly, sweet, and cute. They can do no wrong!

3.Seeing the End Result
This is the reason why I love most of the things that I do... I love to cut hair mostly for the final finish to see what it looks like- it's the best! I like sewing, and cooking for this reason too. If it weren't for the end result so I could stand back and admire my work, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care to do any of it anymore!

4.Journal Writing/Blogging
I very much LOVE to write about whatever I feel like writing. When I write in a journal or on my blog I feel like I can say pretty much whatever I want without judgement. I also love it because I can take the time to think about what I want to say with no pressure! It is fun to look back too!

5.Having a Home Spa Day
I think it's the greatest when I get to relax and pamper myself with fun new beauty products! I LOVE freshly shaved legs that are silky smooth, freshly painted toenails, and putting on a facial mask just for fun. It just makes me happy to feel clean and rejuvenated!

6.Going Out to Eat
I love the adventure of finding a yummy restaraunt! You can eat whatever you feel like and you don't have to wait hours to cook it yourself! It is just so fun.. food entertains me I guess!

7.Naps
Now, I don't usually take naps in the day because if I do I can't sleep at night, but back when I was pregnant they were GREAT! I was always so tired and usually could only sleep for a little bit at a time anyway, so they saved me! Now, I love it when Olivia naps! It is soo nice to have a few hours to myself to do whatever. Usuaally I clean, but lately I've been working on a quilt, and painting our living room. I just love it when she naps! Aren't naps great?

So, now that I have finally finished babbling, I would like to see the 7 favorites of: Ma, Kim, Lindsay, Amy, Tracey, and Dawn. If you guys get around to it!


8 comments:

Karen K. said...

I am thinking about mine. I have a few to write down but I want to get the BEST ones!

Eating. Yeah, it's evident you got the Karen gene for that one--especially the sweet treats! Naps--yeah! And BABIES. I LOVE BABIES!!! For all the same reasons you do.

I will contemplate and will write mine too. Thanks for sharing yours. That was fun to read.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I love your favorites, because most of them are mine also. I want to make a list also- but I can't tonight- I love you! I wish you lived here...I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Okay Sarah, here goes:
1) Good Friends - Without good friends my life would not be so blessed. I love that my friends are spread out so no matter where I go I have a friend. That includes my super cool husband Dave.

2) A Job Well Done - Similar to yours Sarah, just retitled. I love to sew and cook and knowing that I completed something and standing back to see a job well done. I love it.

3) Photography - I am such a novice at this but love to capture every moment. It's a little bit of an obsession!

4) Travel - We usually don't have any money for 'big' travel but just going anywhere with my family is fun. Check out our recent day drive to Sedona on our website.

5) Seasons - Your thinking why would she choose that after moving to AZ. Well, I love every season! Leaves falling, flowers growing, sun and snow! Alright, the first snow, the rest I can do without.

6) Holidays - Dressing kids up for Halloween, Easter egg hunts, Decorating our home for Christmas. I just love it!

7) Children - last but not least. I especially love babies. (Olivia and Connor!) Watching children playing and how they don't have a worry in the world. It would be nice to not have a care in the world don't you think?

There it is I hope you liked it! Thanks for making me think. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I would have said sweet treats also but I seem to be on an eternal diet. When I get to my goal weight Sarah you and I are going out for dessert!

Karen K. said...

Ah Tracey--spoken like a true dieter! Are you on WW again? I am. I swear. It'll be a miracle if I ever reach that goal weight!

Oops, sorry Sarah for having a discussion with someone else on your blog. Tracey needs to get a blog!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I am trying the weight watchers thing one more time. I'm back at square one. How depressing! I do need to get a blog. Thanks for the use of your blog to chat with your mom Sarah.

Sarah Peterson said...

no problem.. chat away! I don't mind eves dropping (spelling?) on your conversations!

Karen K. said...

Tracey, talk to me on my blog! At least I'll have a comment. I feel totally abandoned. I'm emvious of all the families who are blogging and keeping in touch and then there's mine... lame, lame, lame. Emily doesn't have a blog. Jeff doesn't have the internet and my mom never comments and Sarah, well, Sarah...Oh yeah! She's eavesdropping, I can't say. ha ha No. Sarah's pretty good. Most of the time... but lately she's slacked a bit in the comments... although she's been great at commenting on everyone else's blog! hmmmmm