Thursday, January 30, 2014

the cutest

Claire is my biggest helper with Asher. Today I asked her to hold Asher while I finished making a chocolate smoothie. She happily agreed. Then off she went to the living room with Asher on her hip. She thought she would bend over to grab Mr Ash a toy on the floor to play with. She nearly fell over and almost dropped Asher in the process, but was saved by the couch. She was so over come with anxiety that she had almost dropped her brother. She was on the verge of tears and kept saying "I almost dropped him!" I couldn't be mad at her with such remorse for what she had done. So instead I comforted her and told her she was a hero and had saved Asher. Claire has such a tender heart and hates to hurt or even almost hurt anyone. She feels just horrible if she feels that she has hurt anyone. 

5 comments:

Karen K. said...

I think it's wonderful she is so caring. I'm glad you told her she was a hero and saved him. I'm sure she learned from that experience not to do the bending thing again! I know how that goes and I'm ten times older than Claire. It happens. I just love them so much. I saved the pic to my desktop and turned it over so I could see their faces. Asher looks as if he adores Claire!

Francisco J. Darquea said...

So sweet. Hopefully someday we'll come so the cousins can play together!

Alisha said...

so sweet little claire.

Dawn said...

What a sweet girl!! Every baby brother is dropped once in awhile. He's tough I am sure, and if he's not, he will be :-)

Jamie said...

So sweet. I love that girl!