Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Updates

I was going to wait until later this afternoon to update the blog (since I have a Dr's appointment later taoday) but, I have time now... and lately I've had no time for blogging. So- I figure I better seize the moment and do it now. Claire and Olivia are doing well and are excited for all upcoming events. Liv starts Kindergarten and we will have a newborn. It is also Livs b-day next week. I wish I could spread the events out a little further... but it is what it is. Liv really wants a big party, but she understands and hasn't complained much that this year we just can't fit it in. We did do a little party with cousins and she loved that.
Speaking of cousins... We just got done with a family reunion. All of Bretts family came out to Utah and we hung out lots. The girls loved playing and bonding with their cousins. We have LOTS of girl cousins the same age, so it is lots of fun for them! Oh- and this next baby won't be short on cousins either. We have our baby, Britta, Alisha, and Nettie who will also have a baby soon too! And on my side of the family we have Promise and Emily having babies (actually Promise just had hers...) So, our little baby will have 5 cousins her age. crazy!

Here are some cousins together. Aunt Alisha styled hair and they were SO proud of their beautiful princess hair. Even Claire stood in line to get her threads done ;) So cute! (not all the cousins are pictured here... I was a bad photographer this reunion)

Claire was re-evaluated this week for her speech development. Turns out she has come a long way! She is just slightly delayed and they think she will fully catch up in the next 6 months. She is really talking a LOT more and is even doing 3 word phrases. Her phrases are hard to understand, but with practice I think she will be talking and easily understood soon. Olivia's big accomplishment of the summer is learning to not be scared of the water. She was in swim lessons for a few weeks, and she was SO proud of her accomplishments. She can now put her head in the water. (I know it's a freaky picture, but she LOVES it!) She thinks she is pretty awesome. Claire has tried everything Olivia was learning and I'm surprised she hasn't drowned in the bath... 2 year olds just do not understand the concept of holding their breathe. The girls talk about the baby every day, and yesterday they decided to play "momma and baby" Claire crawled around, while Liv dressed her in footsie PJ's and fed her out of a bottle. They crack me up. They also play "doggie" a lot too. Claire pretends to be a dog (she even licks you! YUCK!) While Livie is the owner who feeds her, pets her, and takes her for walks. As of last Tuesday- I found out I was dilated to a 2.5 and 70% effaced. That was at 36 weeks. I'm excited to know if anything has changed. The baby's head is down and pushing to come out (yes, it is highly uncomfortable and hurts a lot) yet she still manages to be able to kick my ribs. I am thinking she must be one looong baby! If I stretch out, she can't quite reach my ribs, so I only get a few kicks before I move and she can't reach far enough ;)

4 comments:

Karen K. said...

I'm so glad your kids have lots of cousins. I always wanted (first) cousins! I love what Alysha did with their hair and I am especially impressed with Claire's. It is so sweet that she wanted her hair to be like all the other girls.

I cannot believe Olivia is going to start kindergarten. I can still clearly remember holding her as a tiny little babe.

Yay for Claire and her speech. The last time I talked to her on the phone I could tell she had progressed a lot. I am excited to see her in a couple of weeks and talk to her!

I love Olivia's underwater picture. She looks peaceful and her hair is beautifully (I'm envious) curly. She did a good job with her swimming lessons. I'm glad she's learning. I need to send you the pictures of Olivia with her swim instructor...or did you get them off my camera?

I LOVE how Olivia and Claire play together. I wonder if Claire will always let Olivia boss her around or if she'll one day put her foot down. I hope Claire doesn't lick me when I get there--Aggie does enough of that. Claire's licks probably aren't as gross as Aggie's though!

Finally, your belly is BIG! I can tell from your tiny little leg beneath it. Can't wait for little Emma/Ava whoever she is to arrive. What if they're wrong and it's an Elmer or Avan? hahahaha... I love you!

Jamie said...

Your girls are darling! I can't wait to meet this next one!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the update! Glad things are going well. You're right it will be a busy fall. Hang on for the ride and try and slow it down as much as you can, enjoying every moment.

Natalie said...

Fun to hear the update. So are you 37 weeks now? How was your doctor's appointment? I bet you can't wait to be done. Good luck!