Thursday, January 13, 2011

A quick Story


The other day Claire was sad (I can't remember why... something to do with just being 2 I guess) Livie loves to be the "mother" if I am not around. I was in the other room doing something of importance I'm sure. Anyway- Claire was crying, so Liv climbed the shelves in the pantry to get to the chocolates hidden in the back on the top shelf. She pulled one out, gave it to Claire who immediately stopped crying and smiling instead. Olivia happily came running to me proclaiming that she helped Claire stop crying and she is such a GOOD big sister!
Now how I am I suppose to discipline such a sweet act of kindness!? I didn't, but told her not to climb because it is so DANGEROUS!!

9 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

That is sweet. Love that she knew chocolate would cure the sadness.

Karen K. said...

Smart, smart girl, Olivia. Actually both of them--one for giving and one for receiving CHOCOLATE, the absolute cure-all. I understand your dilemma though... yikes. :)

Karen K. said...

Dad was wondering if perhaps Olivia caused Claire to cry so she had an excuse to get into the chocolate... ??? Did Olivia get chocolate for herself too? ;)

Dawn said...

That's sweet :0) It's funny how girls know even at such a young age that chocolate makes everything better.

Sarah Peterson said...

I wouldn't doubt it if Liv caused the crying in the first place, and no, she didn't get herself a chocolate, just Claire!

Karen K. said...

Well at least she had some empathy for Claire. Yay!

Jamie said...

I love it! I can't decide if it's funnier that Liv climbed up to get the chocolate, or the fact that the chocolate soothed Claire!

What cute girls!

Sblogger said...

That is so cute. True, it is hard to get mad when they're so sweet!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahaha that is hilarious.