Sunday, January 02, 2011

Last Pictures of Christmas and New Year


I made the girls aprons for Christmas


Christmas Eve in their matching jammies


Olivia loved to pull down ornaments and wear them as earrings. She convinced Claire to do it too ;)

Christmas is over and the decorations are put away. The new year is here! We have set a few new goals. #1 I will wake up early every day to read my scriptures and read the Ensign, and any other reading I need to do to prepare for my Primary lessons. I've set a goal of 1/2 hour a day. Which is a big goal for me since I really don't enjoy waking early. I will though. I think that having the spirit with me at the start of the day could possibly change everything. I am hoping to be blessed with more patience!
Goal #2- Have Olivia sleep in her bed ALL night every night. I know she should have been doing this years ago, but bad habits are hard to break ;)
2010 has been a good year and we've been blessed. I hope 2011 will be even better and I can grow spiritually.

4 comments:

Karen K. said...

As always I LOVE the pictures. The first one of Claire is funny. She has such a funny pose. :) Their jammies are adorable and I really, really like the earring photo. That is going on my computer tomorrow when I get to work. (I change the wallpaper every couple of days.) I just love those girls. I can't believe how old they're getting. Sniff...

I am impressed with your goals. They are both very worthy. I know that you will see results if you stick to them--especially the first one. It's tough to get up early and to concentrate but it's worth it. I know I'm blessed when I make the effort. My days just go more smoothly. I can't explain how or why, they just do. It's being blessed for obedience I think. :) Anyway, you might keep a notebook/scripture journal next to you for insights or thoughts you have during that time. I love you!

Lora said...

Happy New Year! I love the earrings pic! Claire is looking more and more like a little girl less and less baby-like!

I too love your goals they are very good ones! Good luck

Natalie said...

What cute aprons. Good job!

Karen K. said...

I think I spaced telling you that the aprons are adorable. They turned out great. Did you make a matching one for you too???