Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pictures of Baby Claire! (in the tummy ofcousre)


The comment I hear the MOST about my belly : " You're so tiny!" The above picture is to show you why they may say such things... but then I turn to show the side view... and BOOM! Theres a belly!



So, we are just about a month and a half away from the due date now. It has gone by so fast! So far the pregnancy has been pretty much just like it was with Olivia, except I haven't gained as much weight (yet). With Liv I gained 25 lbs total, and with this one I am only up to 10 lbs now. I suppose I could gain 15 lbs in a month, but it's not likey ;) Oh- and no, I do not TRY to diet or not gain weight, I guess I am just lucky like that- I've always just stuck to the same diet I always eat..
The scariest thing of this pregnancy was that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I ended up at the hospital doing a loooong 4 hour test and having my blood drawn over and over and over again. It turned out, I DIDN'T have it and the Dr's office was wrong. Lucky for me,or else I would have probably been losing weight and going crazy on that diet. I did a diabetic diet for about 4 days when I didn't know my test results from the hospital. It was a hard diet to stick to (although probably much easier for me since I was doing it for the baby). I really feel bad for diabetics. It's not just that you can't eat sugar, you don't get to eat hardly any carbs either. Sad... Who wants to eat meat all day every day!?
Well, in the past 3 days I have been feeling huge... not so much when I look in the mirror, but I FEEL huge. I feel like I can't grow anymore. I could swear I am dialting and the baby is coming tomorrow... but probably not ;) I am guessing this baby will be early though- I just have so many weird pains that is making me think I will go early. Livie was a week early... but I think this one will be like 2 weeks early. I guess we'll have to wait and see! I have a Dr's visit in 1 week and I am excited to see if I have dialted or if I've just been dreaming these pains!

16 comments:

Britta said...

you are STILL so tiny when you turn to the side. I love that olivia is holding her tummy like you are in the picture where you're both looking in the mirror.

Unknown said...

Geez, you are tiny! I'm sure you don't feel like it, but you look great!

Into the Great Wide Open said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jnnut said...

Hi Sarah! Stopping by to visit! I am Kristen's sister in law, Jennifer. I am 34 weekw along and have gained only 8 lbs so far. I also have gestational diabetes. You are right! It's no fun to be a diabetic but it's manageable and you get to have some carbs, sugar, or starch but not a lot. I've had it before so this time it hasn't been too bad. If my memory serves me right, Kristen said you're due about a week after me. You look great! We've got a few more weeks to go!

Lanette said...

You are a gorgeous pregnant lady! You're always gorgeous, so no surprise...From the front I really don't think someone would know you're pregnant. How scary about the diabetes! I'm glad you don't have it, that would be awful. And your new house is beautiful!

Dave & Melissa said...

You look AMAZING! I know you FEEL huge, but you're not. I'm so jealous. When I'm pregnant I both look AND feel huge. I LOVE the name Claire. I'm so excited to see pictures of your beautiful baby. Good luck with the next month and a half, it's the worst. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she comes early! :o)

Roxy said...

You are tiny and really cute!!!! Your new home is looks beautiful. We need more pictures. By the way, I finally updated my blog. I'm going to try to be better at posting things.

Chad and Jessica said...

Holy moses....you could be a model for that Motherhood store. Seriously....I think their last slogan was, "Motherhood is hot." Weirdish....I know....but you could be their spokesperson. Those jeans are also really cute. That 4 hour test sounds like torture....they had to draw your blood over and over???? AHHH! EWWWW! EEEEK!!! Glad things are generally going well!

Emily D said...

Aww! you're adorable! You just get cuter and cuter everyday! Thanks for the message livie left me the other day. I didn't understand a word of it, but it was adorable!

and right after you told me your diabetes mishap, I learned all about diabetes in class and I had to follow a diabetic diet as an assignment for 2 days and it was aweful! The worst thing for me was having to eat 3 meals a day without snacking on carbs, cuz that's what i do every day! I'm such the snack queen! haha

Brandi said...

I think you look just right for how far along you are. I was like that for my boys, didn't look pregnant in front but from the side I sure did. I liked it better that way.

Valerie said...

You look adorable, Sarah! I'm so excited for you that you're almost done. Congrats on being in the new house! I'm sure you're glad to have that over with.

Dawn said...

You are adorable! I wish I was only that huge when I was pregnant :D I can't believe you are so close to having her. Time goes by so fast when you're not the one pregnant! I love the name Claire. Thanks for posting the pictures, and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, it won't be too much longer. I wish you a painless and quick delivery with a beautiful healthy baby. Love ya

Rory and Tosha Sargent said...

what a cute name claire. love it. you look about the same as you were with olivia. i was just thinking this morning how i use to massage your pregnant belly! what good times.

Karen K. said...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT LIVIE LEFT AUNT EMILY A MESSAGE??? HELLO... GRANMA WANTS ONE TOO. Oh, was I yelling? :) ;)

Natalie said...

I know what you mean by "feeling huge!" I felt so huge! Everything is tight and uncomfortable inside!

We'd love to see you soon. What about next week, after Thanksgiving is over?!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Sarah I'm so excited!!! You are so cute! I love your hair! And you are so small still! I love you I'm so excited!!