Sunday, February 03, 2008

Nursery




So, officially Olivia shouldn't go into nursery until NEXT week, but Brett saw her name on the door and on the roll, so he thought she should go in if they would let her. Let me tell you, we are SOOOO happy Liv won't be with us in classes anymore. She is just TOO active to be with us! My mom is convinced we were never that crazy and active as kids... Olivia is definately a BUSY girl! So, Brett stayed the first hour of nursery, and I stayed the 2nd. Olivia LOVED it! She stole some snacks from the other kids (which they were NOT happy about) but really she was pretty nice to the other kids. I was happy about that since she's had a history of bossin other kids around.. She absolutely LOVED singing time. She danced for everyone and clapped after each song and said "yea!" She didn't care much for the coloring, and decided it was funner to eat the crayons rather then color with them. I think she will do fine with neither Brett or I in nursery with her, but this was a good test-run. Every child needs to go 1 week early for a test-run, right ;) hehe Oh, and at the end they blew bubbles and Olivia had a blast catching bubbles. All day she has been saying "bubbles, bubbles, bubbles" so I got out the bubbles at home for her. I think it may be a new favorite activity.

6 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Man, I can't believe hwo well teh bubbles showed up in the pictures! Well that will be nice to not have her in the classes. That is so funny how active she is. She seems so brave. I'm used to my neices and nephew who are SOOOOOOOO shy. love you.

Natalie said...

NURSERY! Yea! I'm glad to hear about all the good things they are doing in there. We've never been in there with Hannah. She always cries when we first drop her off. But she's fine after a few minutes (I peek through the windows). Hannah was also saying "bubbles" yesterday!

nettie said...

yay for nursery (aka mother's sanity). Morgan went to nursery early too. they were begging her to come in--she wasn't as excited as Olivia though...

Anonymous said...

She's so doggoned cute. I miss her tremendously. Wish I'd thought of bubbles! Are there a lot of little ones her age or are they older? How do they mix them--I assume you have more than one nursery (I remember talking about this but can't remember your answers! Oops)
Oh, and I think Jeff probably rivaled Olivia in activity levels. We had a babysitter who 'dumped' us cuz he wouldn't sit quietly and play with her daughter but instead wanted to run and play (have I already disclosed that on your blog??? It sounds so familiar).

Lanette said...

That's exciting news! I know my parents were always so excited when the baby got into nursery. And something about bubbles is so magical, I'm not sure what, but it was always a guarantee to entertain when I babysat. :)

Anonymous said...

She seems like an outgoing spunky little thing. She will have great fun in nursery and you will enjoy the break too, I am sure.