Thursday, April 04, 2013

Easter Birthday

 This year my birthday fell on Easter Sunday! It turned out to be a nice relaxing day and it was nice to have both holidays on one day. Everyone had something fun to do and everyone got presents and treats!
 Olivia and Claire got matching Easter dresses. The dress didn't come in Emmas size (and she was napping when we could take a picture).
We had a traditional Easter dinner with Gary and Sherri. I had planned a great birthday cake, but it fell through. I tried making a flour-less chocolate cake (with other layers too). It ended up in the garbage it didn't turn out at all. So then I thought we could do some quick brownies from a box and ice cream sundays. Sadly- we didn't have any brownie mix in storage like I had thought. So- ice cream and berries on top it was! Which was fine in the end since we were all so full from dinner. Despite my birthday dessert failures, it all turned out great. We all had a great day!

3 comments:

Emily D said...

I'm glad you had a good day! Sorry about your dessert failures; that's always the worst when something doesn't turn out the way you envisioned. and I LOVE the girls dresses! Kind of vintage looking. Like from the 50s. Very cute! (By the way, it's ice cream sundaes, not sundays)

Scott said...

Happy birthday! I'm sorry we all couldn't be there to celebrate with you!

Jamie said...

What?! You wasted my Oreos?! Just teasing. I just love how good you are at trying new recipes--and because of that you have made some killer desserts! You are an amazing cook!

I hope it was a great birthday!