Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good 'ol Korihor

So, I was reading the story of Korihor in the scriptures today. I kinda like the story for some reason- he wants signs that God exists even though he already knows deep down. So- he got his sign and it was a BAD one! The part I love about the story is the last verse... It some how speaks LOUDLY to me. It says this: "...and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell." I just think it's funny how Satan with all his power wouldn't help Korihor even after doing his work for him... I mean he could've made him get his voice back if he wanted, but Satan is mean and doesn't care. Poor Korihor, if only he listened to his heart and what he truely believed- then he wouldn't be in such a mess! Oh- well!

5 comments:

Karen K. said...

Do you think Satan has the power to give Korihor's voice back to him? I've never really thought of that...that's worth pondering. Regardless, you're right--Satan doesn't care about anything but making sure we're miserable and headed in the wrong direction. I'll go and read those verses tonight.

Kristen P. said...

So, I pondered. I don't think Satan has the power to give Korihor his voice back (I could be wrong though. He could just not care).

That's the bum deal about falling into his evil traps. You believe his "promises", do what he says, and then suffer the consequence, which is a natural part of the whole process. All the while, Satan is laughing because you actually belived his big, fat lies. It's a vicious cycle.

Sarah Peterson said...

ok... so Brett doesn't think Satan could get his voice back either- he said he really only has power to influence people. It's probaby true- I really didn't think TOO much about it when I wrote it. I just assume Satan has tons of power!

Mom and Dad Pete said...

Satan does have tons of power-but when a person chooses to go the easy way with him, they lose their agency-their gift .

Karen K. said...

So are you still reading the scriptures out loud to Livie? I hope so. That is a really good thing to do--it will help her to get used to the 'hard to understand' language earlier! Plus it just brings a good spirit into your home. She's not old enough to have attitude yet ;)